JDA TSG has an immediate opportunity for a Business Process Excellence Lead consultant to support one of our critical client relationships in San Diego CA. The company’s BPR / Continuous improvement team spearheads efforts to institutionalize a process excellence culture and mindset along with delivering process re-engineering, optimization initiatives using Lean Six Sigma and Continuous Improvement methodologies, concepts and principles. They work closely with business stakeholders to plan, design and implement the end-to-end re-engineering, optimization initiatives of identified and prioritized core global processes.
This is a 12-month contracting role with the likelihood for extension and / or conversion to Full-Time.
Prior to Covid-19 the team worked on-site at their San Diego campus. Until Aug 2021, this position will be remote. Once the team begins returning to work on-site, the expectation is for the consultant work in (relocate to) San Diego. This is a required condition for the role.
The Process Excellence Lead will bring experience, skills, and capabilities to fulfill the objectives and responsibilities outlined below.
· Deliver complex re-engineering and simplification / standardization / optimization of identified global cross-functional service processes as directed
· Active participation in development of Process Excellence Community and Culture through active involvement in a variety of workshops, forums and training sessions related to Lean Six Sigma and other Process Excellence concepts and practices
· Drive lean and Six Sigma processes into the service offering from concept to delivery
· Must be a certified Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt (5-7 years as Belt certified) from a reputed company
· Must be PMP certified
· Bachelor’s Degree and expertise in process excellence / optimization disciplines / techniques including Lean Six Sigma - Experience with Poka Yoke, Gemba, Rolled Throughput Yeild, and complex statistical analysis
· Experience with the usage of Statistical Software tools (Minitab, JMP) is a must
· Experience in, knowledge and understanding of services for high tech/software business models and core processes
Experience and Capabilities:
· 7 to 10 years of professional experience driving large, cross-functional and global process re-engineering and improvement initiatives (using Lean Six Sigma principles and concepts) with demonstrable business results
· Strong facilitation skills and experience in managing stakeholder relationship, partnership and interactions (Kaizen, Kanban, Gemba, RTY, PCE)
· History of directing work efforts in a matrix environment to achieve objectives effectively and efficiently
· Experience understanding and facilitating change in a challenging and dynamic environment – handling challenge from senior stakeholders, push back from business-as-usual teams and a lack of understanding / appreciation of the benefits of Lean Six Sigma