- ABOUT JDA TSG
- OUR VALUES
JOIN OUR TEAM
We are JDA TSG, a managed services company & outsourcing firm that works with clients to transform business challenge into unparalleled opportunity since 2011. Our mission is to help our clients solve the toughest problems facing their business through strategic advisory, managed services, technology application & talent solutions. We call it Powering Possibility. Our clients call it success.
ABOUT JDA TSG
JDA TSG has an immediate opportunity for a Network Engineer to support one of our critical customer relationships. You will be working with an extraordinary Engineering team supporting the World’s preeminent Sports Leagues and Media Properties IT Infrastructure. Position is based in Inglewood, CA, where you’ll be working on-site 5 days per week, so local candidates only as remote is NOT an option. As a Network Engineer, you will be part of a team responsible for managing, maintaining, and monitoring interconnecting data networks. You will configure, document, and troubleshoot network components for applications, media workflows, and business departments. In this role you will function as a subject matter expert and be expected to make technical decisions on data networks supporting business services. Experience as a hands-on engineer in a broadcast and/or post-production environment is preferred.
· Hands on configuration, management and maintenance of switches, routers, and load balancers.
· Collaborate and take direction from senior engineers on deployments, technical escalations, procedures, and project tasks.
· Respond to escalation requests for troubleshooting network related issues that may impact Windows, Mac, and Linux systems, across physical and virtual environments, and then provide solutions or work arounds.
· Ability to provide reports for capacity analysis and performance of network infrastructure.
· Experienced technologist able to understand complexities and interdependencies in infrastructure through to the applications and client layers.
· Assist in the research, design and documentation for upgrades and adoption of new network technologies.
· Evaluate quality of audio, video, transport stream and data network signals using various test and measurement equipment.
The Experience you’ll need to excel in the role:
· Expert in LAN/WAN technologies, hardware, software, and routing. Arista/Cisco preferred.
· Extensive experience in network performance best practices, security principles and troubleshooting.
· Expert troubleshooting and analytical skills.
· Experience with management and connectivity to service provider data networks using standards and protocols including OSPF and BGP.
· Excellent communication and documentation skills.
· Ability to work independently and prioritize issues and multiple projects based on documented criticality.
· Positive and proactive approach to collaboration and seeking out tasks from senior engineers.
· Ability to research new network technology and evaluate its viability.
· Experience with Arista CloudVision and SolarWinds configuration and management.
· Understanding of network packet analysis via tools such as Wireshark.
· Knowledge and understanding of NAS and SAN storage infrastructure and file systems; RoCE and SMB multi-channel experience preferred.
· Knowledge and understanding of complex media systems and workflows encompassing file ingest, encoding, transcoding and delivery.
· Knowledge and understanding of broadcast engineering standards and equipment.
· Experience with high speed UDP file transfer network service design, Signiant preferred.
· Knowledge of load balancers and SSL accelerators such as F5, A10 or Cisco ACE.
· Experience configuring and troubleshooting IP Multicast traffic and QOS policies.
· Ability to draw, update and document infrastructure topologies in detail using MS Visio, Excel, and Word.
· Racking and Stacking - must be able to lift up to 40lbs. of equipment
· Expert in network protocols, standards, and routing
· Arista/Cisco engineer
· Visio and technical document writing
· Broadcast experience
· Infrastructure dashboard and reporting
· Must be willing and able to travel between offices domestically in NY, NJ, and CA
· Must be willing and able to work; weekends, holidays, shifts outside of normal business hours, overtime
About JDA TSG:
At JDA TSG, our core values provide the framework that allows us to continually focus on what made us successful in the first place. Quite simply, our values inform everything that we do. We knew from day one that if we hired smart, passionate people and provided them meaningful yet challenging roles, we will thrive as an organization. We are excited to be here, doing meaningful work.
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We know diversity makes our team stronger, producing extraordinary results for our company our clients. At JDA TSG, everyone is valued and empowered to succeed.
Our headquarters is located at 800 Third Avenue in New York City. We are a company that believes that our ability to make a positive difference for our clients comes from our greatest asset, our people. We are committed to fostering and cultivating workplaces which encourage collaboration, teamwork, sharing of ideas and best practices with the goal to continuously improve. Providing our team members with the support they need is always top of mind.
Benefits and Perks:
· Retirement savings
· Giving programs
· Educational resources
· Paid Sick and Vacation Days as well as Paid Holidays
· Referral program
Learn more at www.jdatsg.com
JDA TSG is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. We are unable to sponsor employment visas