JOIN OUR TEAM
At JDA TSG, we partner with many of the world’s top brands to make their operations more efficient, flexible, scalable and agile. Our business process outsourcing services free them to focus on delivering the very best experience to their customers. Our secret? Exceptional people—and the business acumen, collaborative culture and deep personal respect to make the most of their abilities. We are proud of our diversity and welcome people of all backgrounds, beliefs and sexual orientation.
At JDA TSG, we equip many of the world’s major brands with top-tier specialized talent, business process expertise and technologies to drive their organizations in exciting new directions. What makes us the partner of choice for the most experience-obsessed brands worldwide? We apply extensive due diligence up front to ensure that our teams and talent will be a cultural fit and can make a difference from the very start. And we’ve established a reputation for bringing exceptional focus, flexibility, and confidence with every client we serve.
We have immediate opportunities for SQL Server DBA's to join our team as Customer Engineers (CE’s). This is a remote (home based), salaried role with great benefits and a fantastic team. A CE’s time is dedicated to working with some of the largest, and most sophisticated companies in the world, usually F1000. You will be responsible for customer satisfaction, deployment, adoption, and support of SQL initiatives. They work with and assist customers in building, operating, and optimizing complex enterprise environments. You will be a trusted advisor, a specialist the room is looking to for guidance, education and adherence for best practices, risk mitigation etc.
CE's are home based and typically deliver services via Microsoft Teams.
The experience you’ll need to excel in the role:
· 7+ years as a SQL Server DBA in a large enterprise environment – VLDB’s
· Advanced troubleshooting and admin work with SQL Server 2019, 2017, 2016, 2014, 2012, and 2008 R2
· Solid grasp on database performance (internals), high availability, disaster recover - HADR, AlwaysOn, Backups (RPO/RTO), Failover clustering, SAN replication, and other high availability technologies
· Well versed with Data Migrations, Upgrades, Clustering, Database Mirroring, Replication, Log Shipping, etc.
· Capable of performing database health checks, scalability assessments, app-compat, etc.
· Familiarity with MS BI stack – SSAS, SSIS, and SSRS, PowerBI, etc. and data warehouse concepts – data modeling, ETL, Kimbal/Inmon, OLAP, etc.
· Nice to have experience in AzureSQL, AzureDW, Synapse, Azure Databricks, etc.
· Advanced Microsoft certifications - MCDBA, MCITP, MSTS, MCP, preferred
· Business Acumen /Business Focused Technology Application
· Able to work independently
· Delivering and/or authoring technical training
Primary work includes:
· Standard Product Work Shops - Training
· In-Depth Product Reviews - White Board (Chalk Talk) Sessions
· Health Checks / Assessments
· Post Operational Review of Product Implementations
· Product Upgrade / Migration Assessments
· Systems Performance Reviews
· Act as the primary onsite technical contact, providing customer visibility, advanced technical support, and problem resolution for corporate customers, including issues raised to the highest levels of management
About JDA TSG:
At JDA TSG, our core values provide the framework that allows us to continually focus on what made us successful in the first place. Quite simply, our values inform everything that we do. We knew from day one that if we hired smart, passionate people and provided them meaningful yet challenging roles, we will thrive as an organization. We are excited to be here, doing meaningful work.
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We know diversity makes our team stronger, producing extraordinary results for our company our clients. At JDA TSG, everyone is valued and empowered to succeed.
Benefits and Perks:
· Healthcare - Comprehensive coverage for you and your family
· Employee Assistance Program - Get support when you or your family need it with counseling and coaching
· 401K with company match
· Paid time off
· Paid parental leave
· Volunteer Day Off
· Life insurance - Protect your loved ones and their future
· Business travel accident insurance
JDA TSG is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Apply for this job
Drag and drop PDF here