JOIN OUR TEAM
At JDA TSG, we partner with many of the world’s top brands to make their operations more efficient, flexible, scalable and agile. Our business process outsourcing services free them to focus on delivering the very best experience to their customers. Our secret? Exceptional people—and the business acumen, collaborative culture and deep personal respect to make the most of their abilities. We are proud of our diversity and welcome people of all backgrounds, beliefs and sexual orientation.
At JDA TSG, we equip many of the world’s major brands with top-tier specialized talent, business process expertise innovations which drive their organizations in exciting new directions. We have established a reputation for bringing exceptional focus, flexibility, and confidence with every client we serve.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Director - Engineering & Technology for our client, the premier senior care services provider in the nation. This is a full-time direct hire role which can be performed remotely (in the U.S.). You will report to, and work closely with the VP to bring the overall strategy for growing their division to life through our digital products and experiences. The Director of Engineering & Technology will lead the expansion of the groups engineering team and build the future state technology stack, tools, and websites that will power the growth of the business.
The Director of Engineering will work closely with the Product Director and the Senior Manager of Strategy, serving as the points of contact for the rest of the business as we work to transform the division. This is a highly impactful role, offering the opportunity to drive the growth of a division as a core priority for the company.
Who you are:
You are thoughtful and conscientious, a proven leader who can build highly capable development teams. You can understand the vision for the products and tools we need to execute on our strategy, determine the right frameworks and technical approaches to deliver on the target outcomes most effectively, and then equip and train the team to successfully bring each tool to life on the given timeline. You will work closely with the Product Director to implement an Agile process across the business with the necessary support and systems to deliver on the roadmap.
Salary $170,000 - $190,000 based on experience
What you will do:
- Own the groups technology stack, including multiple consumer facing websites, internal lead management platform, databases, customer portal, and proprietary systems
- Build a high functioning engineering organization to support the business through developing new tools to deliver on our ambitious growth plan
- Partner with Product, Strategy, Sales, Customer Success, Business Insights, and Content to understand the requirements for each tool and initiative on the roadmap
- Assess current technology stack with Director of Product to determine ideal approach for delivering on each component of the future tech stack (e.g., create a proprietary solution vs. leverage an out of the box platform)
- Develop the group’s technical strategy and roadmap. Determine the right frameworks, technical specifications, and infrastructure requirements to support the future state of the group’s tech stack
- Provide the team with the tools, confidence, and motivation to make decisions independently that lead to their personal and professional success
- Define associated success metrics to hold the team accountable
- Support the professional development of the broader team by helping them build and execute personal development plans that map to the company’s broader goals
The Experience you need to thrive in the role:
- 5+ years of developing and supporting comprehensive technology stacks, including front end websites, internal tools, and back end infrastructure
- Proven ability to define technical strategy and architecture using industry leading frameworks
- Practicing contemporary software development methodologies: Agile, Scrum, etc.
- Leading teams of software developers that have built enterprise and consumer grade web apps from the ground up
- Ability to work with Product to implement the right processes to give teams the structure and guidance to be successful
- Strong organizational and communication skills with experience of developing & instilling a culture of broad product ownership
- Ability to thrive in a demanding, fast-paced environment requiring a high degree of productivity, adaptability, innovation and follow-through
- Education - Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
Apply for this job
Drag and drop PDF here